Reporting Concerns

What to do if you are concerned about a child

Report Concerns

To report concerns about a child in RCT call:

01443 425 006


To report concerns about an adult at risk in RCT call:

01443 425 003


To report concerns in
Merthyr Tydfil call:

01685 725 000


Emergency Out of hours contact number:

01443 743 665

Click for Information

What to do if you are concerned about a child

If you have concerns about the immediate safety of a child or young person contact your local Safeguarding Team on the telephone numbers provided below:



In Rhondda Cynon Taf:  01443 425006


In Merthyr Tydfil:  01685 725000


Opening Hours:

Monday - Thursday 8.30am - 5.00pm

Friday - 8.30am - 4.30pm



Out of Hours Emergencies (for both RCT and Merthyr Tydfil):


To contact Children's Services outside office hours, at weekends and bank holidays, ring Cwm Taf Emergency Duty Team on 01443 743665.



If you suspect a child or young person is at immediate risk of harm call 999 and speak to the Police.

In a non-emergency situation you can contact the police by dialling 101.


If it is found that a child is being abused or is at risk of significant harm professionals will work together with the family to ensure that the child can be protected.


Open: 8.30am – 5.00pm (Monday to Thursday)

8.30am – 4.30pm (Friday)


Cwm Taf Emergency Duty Team: 01443 743665 (5.00pm – 8.30am Monday to Thursday, 4.30pm – 8.30am Friday to Monday)


If you would like to report a non-urgent incident however, or have a problem or general query, you can call 101, the 24 hour non-emergency number for the police. Use 101 when the incident is less urgent than 999.



In Rhondda Cynon Taf and Merthyr Tydfil we are committed to working in partnership with parents and carers of children and young people.

© Copyright 2019 Rhondda Cynon Taf CBC & Merthyr Tydfil CBC website by MTCBC

  Contact Us     ·       Accessibility