Safeguarding is Everyone’s Business!

Report Concerns

Report Concerns

To report concerns about a child in RCT call:

01443 425 006


To report concerns about an adult at risk in RCT call:

01443 425 003


To report concerns in
Merthyr Tydfil call:

01685 725 000


Emergency Out of hours contact number:

01443 743 665

Click for Information

Report Concerns

How do I report a concern about Abuse?

We’re committed to preventing abuse and responding promptly when abuse is suspected. All calls concerning worries about an adult who may be at risk of harm are treated seriously.

If you suspect a person is at immediate risk of harm call 999 and speak to the Police.

If you have been or still are the victim of abuse, or you know someone who you think is being abused, contact your local Safeguarding Team:

In Rhondda Cynon Taf:  01443 425003

In Merthyr Tydfil:  01685 725000

Opening Hours:

Monday – Thursday 8.30am – 5.00pm

Friday 8.30am – 4.30pm

Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holidays Closed


If you are experiencing domestic abuse or sexual violence, have experienced domestic abuse or sexual violence, or are worried about a friend or relative who is experiencing domestic abuse or sexual violence you can find local support at:


In RCT contact The Oasis Centre

Telephone Pontypridd Safety Unit: 01443 494190

You can also visit the Pontypridd Safety Unit website for further information

In Merthyr Tydfil contact TEULU MAC

47 - 48 Pontmorlais
Merthyr Tydfil
CF47 4UN

Telephone: 01685 388444 
Freephone: 0800 389 7552

Out of Hours Emergencies:

To contact social care services outside office hours, at weekends and bank holidays, contact the Cwm Taf Emergency Duty Team on 01443 743665
(this covers both RCT and Merthyr Tydfil)

To report crime or anti-social behaviour, to contact your local police station or to get police assistance in a non-emergency dial 101.

What will happen if I raise a concern?

If you contact your local Safeguarding team, you will be asked for relevant information about the person you are concerned for. You will be asked what you heard or saw. Information will then be shared on a “need to know” basis, but you will be kept informed about who has to be told – for example, the Police if a crime may have been committed, or concerns can be reported anonymously.

Together all relevant agencies will work with the person who may be being abused, to establish what has happened, and what action the person would like to be taken next. Work will also be done with the alleged abuser, and different options will be explored which will prevent, reduce or stop further abuse from happening.

If you report abuse to us we:

• take your concerns seriously
• deal with the matter sensitively
• make sure the person is safe
• investigate the situation fully


‘If you see something , say something’


© Copyright 2019 Rhondda Cynon Taf CBC & Merthyr Tydfil CBC website by MTCBC

  Contact Us     ·       Accessibility